Weekly Photo Challenge: Optimistic

The theme of this week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge is OPTIMISTIC.

What could be more optimistic than a Carolina Wren laying its eggs in a pitcher on my front porch?

DSCN1480

About johnvic8

John Viccellio retired after 24 years in the U. S. Navy and began to dig into gardening when he could finally land in one place. He completed the Master Gardener course in 1992 and has since designed and constructed two of his own gardens. He wrote a monthly garden column for ten years and was a regular contributor to Carolina Gardener magazine. John published his first book, Guess What's in My Garden!, in 2014. He lives in Stallings, NC with his wife, in close proximity to six of his eight grandchildren.
This entry was posted in Nature, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Optimistic

1. Pingback: Optimistic (Arches) | Chris Breebaart Photography / What's (in) the picture?

2. Rupali says:

Excellent choice.

Liked by 1 person

3. pommepal says:

How lucky to be able to watch the lifecycle at such close quarters. I hope you keep a photo record of them

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Optimisitc | Musings of a Random Mind

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Optimistic | Musings of a Random Mind

6. dawnkinster says:

Hope your wren is getting through the blizzard right now!

7. prior2001 says:

This is so fun! And I once had robins hatch in my front hanging plant! The porch was so filled with life that year and it felt amazing – and so when I saw the eggs and the blue rim of your pot- I could see why you chose these wren eggs – and nice focus too!

8. That is a truly great entry. 🙂

9. pierrmorgan says:

How fun!! Maybe they’ll return after your blizzard recedes. Keep an eye on that pitcher for us!

Liked by 1 person

10. This is so sweet and beautiful!

Liked by 1 person

11. noe says:

when I see the photo, I imagine, how nice to see them hatch. But when I read your comment that the pitcher was overturned, I am so sad.

Replies welcome...really!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s