Weekly Photo Challenge: EDGE

The theme of this week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge is EDGE.

Are these Turkey Tail mushrooms (Coriolus versicolor) growing on a dead stump in my woods? They certainly have a nice edge on them. I would welcome a proper identification.

img_2286

About johnvic8

John Viccellio retired after 24 years in the U. S. Navy and began to dig into gardening when he could finally land in one place. He completed the Master Gardener course in 1992 and has since designed and constructed two of his own gardens. He wrote a monthly garden column for ten years and was a regular contributor to Carolina Gardener magazine. John published his first book, Guess What's in My Garden!, in 2014. He lives in Stallings, NC with his wife, in close proximity to six of his eight grandchildren.
This entry was posted in Nature, Photo Challenge, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: EDGE

1. Beautiful! I’m a big fan of fungi and this is a great “edge” interpretation.

Liked by 1 person

2. Heyjude says:

They are really beautiful.

3. bingskee says:

would ‘edgy mushroom’ be proper? 🙂 this is truly a beautiful photo.

4. colonialist says:

I am not up on mushroomology, but the common name seems most apt and they certainly fit the theme.

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Edge | stenoodie

6. kayrpea61 says:

I get the feeling that if they are attractive, as yours, they are inedible. Fungi for sure, but not the ones in my risotto 🙂

7. johnvic8 says:

I don’t pick mushrooms out of the woods and eat them. It’s just not worth the risk.

8. Sue says:

Funny that we both chose mushrooms of all things for this week’s photo:-).

Replies welcome...really!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s