In a Vase on Monday: Scavenging

It’s hard to collect flowers for IAVOM when one has no garden. So I’m left to keep a keen eye out for potential items when I am walking the grounds during my daily exercise. Social distancing or no, garden or no, I can still scavenge. Today a few grasses growing wild along the edge of the parking lot caught my eye. In just a small area I found what I consider quite attractive grasses just before their seeds will ripen and spread around our community.

Here is what I put together for In a Vase on Monday:

Closeups of some of the grasses gives an eye to their rarely observed beauty.

I am delighted to join Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for this week’s vase. You will undoubtedly enjoy seeing her vase this week and all the others who follow her meme.

About johnvic8

John Viccellio retired after 24 years in the U. S. Navy and began to dig into gardening when he could finally land in one place. He completed the Master Gardener course in 1992 and has since designed and constructed two of his own gardens. He wrote a monthly garden column for ten years and was a regular contributor to Carolina Gardener magazine. John published his first book, Guess What's in My Garden!, in 2014. He lives in Stallings, NC with his wife, in close proximity to six of his eight grandchildren.
This entry was posted in Nature, Photo Challenge, Things I See Around Town and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to In a Vase on Monday: Scavenging

1. Noelle says:

Even if you had a garden full of flowers to choose from, this would probably have beaten them all. They way you have staged them really highlights the variety of forms and colour..thanks for joining us and sharing this vase. It will probably last quite some time too.

2. anne leueen says:

They have interesting colors as well as differing shapes. Well done John.Good scavenging.

Liked by 1 person

3. Cathy says:

They are superb, John! I agree with Noelle above. There’s nothing prettier than grasses (and wild flowers). Carry on walking and posting your sensitively observed results!

Liked by 1 person

4. Kris Peterson says:

Nice! And beautifully arranged as usual.

5. johnvic8 says:

Thanks for the encouragement, Cathy. I’ll keep walking…at a distance.

6. Cathy says:

You may have overlooked these if you had had a garden full of flowers, but aren‘t they lovely! Well done John!

7. susurrus says:

Something about the current situation makes us particularly alive to the beauty of things we might normally overlook.

Replies welcome...really!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s